Personal Information Collection & Storage
This Website collects no personal information about you unless you choose to provide it by registering with this Website as a member or through e-mail.
No personal information of any kind is collected and stored automatically as a result of your visit to this Website.
If you register with this site, you must provide certain personally-identifying information, including:
- Your name
- Your physical address (street, city, state, country, ZIP code)
- Your e-mail address
- Your telephone number
Additionally, you must select your own username and password for your new account. These data are protected on the server-side in a secure database and are not subject to automated Web bot scanning.
If you delete your member account, your data are completely flushed from the database and are not further usable.
If you agree to receive e-mail notifications of crew events when you register, your e-mail address will be added to the list of those who receive these notices. We use MailChimp® to send HTML e-mail; MailChimp® is a well-known service provider of marketing e-mail; notices of crew events is a form of marketing even though we’re not selling anything for any price.
MailChimp® employs stringent anti-spam policies: if you opt-out of this service by clicking the Opt Out feature on an e-mail we send, we cannot add your e-mail address (the one with which you received such e-mail) back into our mailing list. If we try to do that, iContact® will automatically cancel our subscription and delete our account.
If you choose to receive e-mail notifications from us about crew events, we will not send you spam—unauthorized commercial e-mail.
If You Send E–mail
You may choose to provide personal information in e-mail with a comment or question. This information is used only to respond to your request.
Mailing & Membership Lists
This Website does not sell or provide the e-mail address or membership data of any member to any organization, commercial or non-commercial. This includes the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, Inc.
Links to Other Sites
Disclaimers and Liability Notice
This Website and the information it contains are provided as a service to the public. This site is regularly monitored to ensure proper operation, verify the functioning of applicable features, and for comparable purposes.
- Unauthorized attempts to modify any information published on this site or to use this site for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
- The owner of this Website makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the completeness or adequacy of the contents of this site and expressly denies liability for errors in the contents published here.
- No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non–infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this Website or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
- References on this site to any commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name are for the information and convenience of the public and do not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the owner of this site.
This Website is privately owned and maintained and is not owned in part or in whole by the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, Inc. (PATC).
Information published on this site is protected by copyright and may be downloaded or copied only for personal, non–commercial use; it remains the intellectual property of the site owner or the named authors of information presented (as in white papers, articles, or images directly credited to others) and may not be otherwise reproduced or published without the express permission of the property owner.