Safety = Job #1
Safety is our first and lasting principle.
You’ll find that we constantly emphasize the safe, informed use of tools and awareness of safe working conditions. These are important to you, personally, and to friends or family members who accompany you on a project of ours.
- We provide safety helmets to wear while working—you must wear the helmet provided while you work
- When the crew leader calls for a break, it’s probably not because he’s tired—stop work and rest
- Remember that tools designed to dig soil & cut wood will cut you and others
- People have a tendency to cluster as they work—keep a safe distance between yourself and the next person
- Bring a personal first aid kit—the stuff you bring can augment the crew’s first aid supplies
Know Yourself and Your Needs!
- If you are taking medicines, bring them with you & tell the crew leader
- If you have any medical condition, such as diabetes, tell the crew leader
- If your doctor has advised you against doing something—don’t do it
You are personally responsible for your personal safety.
The crew leader seeks to ensure the safety of the group, but he needs you to do your part. Too many things can go wrong—and go wrong quickly—to ignore safety.