By accessing this Website, you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia in all disputes arising out of such access.
If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms continue to apply. My failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions is not a waiver of such provisions and does not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
I am committed to protecting your privacy.
- Only the Website owner may use information collected from members or individual visitors
- This Website does not collect and store any personal financial information
I will investigate any attempt to gain unauthorized access to personally-identifiable information with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
References to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not constitute or imply any endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Acme Treadway Company trail crew, its members, or its leadership.
Member records are confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, unless I am legally required to do so to by appropriate authorities. AcmeTreadway.Net will not sell, share, or rent our member list or your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any e-mail sent by the Website owner will only be in connection with official transactions, such as site status notices, member registrations, or query responses.
The information on this Website is provided only on an “as-is” basis.
Unless otherwise stated, the content featured on this Website is intended for personal, recreational use of visitors and to promote the activities of the Acme Treadway Company, a volunteer trail crew sponsored by the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any content available through this site.
I use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to administer the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally-identifiable information. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only by the Website owner on a need-to-know basis.
This Website uses “cookies” to differentiate between visitors and to control the use of data. Non-registered site visitors, for example, are not allowed access to the members list or to use functions allocated specifically to registered site members, such as the ability to write and publish articles, calendar events, and external links.
When you login to this site, the system places a cookie on your computer that authenticates you as a registered member; the code only identifies the IP address of your computer or laptop, not you by name or physical location. This Website does not allow you to make this cookie “permanent.”
This Website does not, and will not, use tracking cookies.
If you provide a comment, review, article, or other content, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the author of the content and have the right to grant this license.
- The content does not infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other party.
If you submit content to this Website, you grant AcmeTreadway.Net a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive and limited license to reproduce, edit, publish, translate, and distribute that content.
Anyone is welcome to submit comments to articles published on AcmeTreadway.Net. Registered members can also submit articles, documents, and images to be published on this Website. Submitted content that violates one or more of the standards listed below will not be published on this Website—inclusion is at the sole discretion of the site owner. Content must:
- Be in English
- Not be of an adult or sexually explicit nature
- Not be libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, misleading, or that otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as the right of privacy)
- Not promote or engage in illegal activities, including (without limitation) infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other party
- Not violate or attempt to violate the security of this Website, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the software, servers, or networks servicing AcmeTreadway.Net
- Not post, upload, e-mail, link to, or otherwise transmit any content that contains any viruses, harmful code, or other computer software or program that may damage or adversely affect the functionality of this Website or impair others’ ability to use this Website
- Not attempt to use this Website to send unsolicited e-mails (spam)
- Not embed Web links that result in redirection to an alternative URL
- Not imply in any way that inclusion in this Website constitutes endorsement by this Website owner or the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Not promote ideological, religious, or political agenda
Authors are solely responsible for all content submitted to this Website. All authors must ensure that their content is accurate. The Website owner reserves the right to remove any content that he believes is out of date. Authors must:
- Make submissions on their own behalf.
- Ensure that the domain name of the contact e-mail matches that of the resource.
- Not impersonate any person or entity.
- Not misrepresent an affiliation with another person or entity.
If you believe that any comment or article violates any rule, please contact the Webmaster.
If I identify a submitted comment as spam, I will permanently ban the IP address of the author and notify the appropriate Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Links to this Website
If you create a link to this Website, you do so at your own risk. The exclusions and limitations set out above apply to your use of this Website by linking to it.
In-line linking, or “hot linking,” images or objects from this Website to another Website without the express permission of this Website owner is prohibited.
Links from this Website
I do not monitor or review the content of other Websites that are linked to or from this Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such Websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us. I am not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites.
I do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of your personally-identifiable information.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are copyrights of their respective authors or, when authorship is not declared, by the Website owner.
You are encouraged to send me e-mail via the Contact Us link.
Changes to this Policy
I reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time as I see fit. Your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms. You should re-read this statement on a regular basis.